Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sick little Areli

We should be in the hospital recovering from Areli's liver biopsy right now, but Areli got very sick ths past week and we had to cancel and reschedule two weeks from now. I am SO upset about it  because it is prolonging getting a diagnosis, but all I can do is nurse my girl back to health so she can be ready for the next one.

This sickness feels like it is never ending! It has been 4 days of fever and a trip to the ER to check Areli's liver panel. Thankfully her liver function is holding up enough that we only spent the night in the ER and were able to go home early morning. So now it is just the exhausting task of monitoring her temp, preferrably without drugs because of the effects on the liver, monitoring her milk intake and diarrhea ( this is the most she's gone in her entire life!) and cleaning boogies and vomit. Sound fun? Leilani had this sickness the week before, just not as bad, so I am ready to kick this cold in the ass! I have been disinfecting like a mad woman!
I hate to see my babies sick.
But on the plus side with all my down time, I made hats out of old sweaters!


In ER 


1 comment:

  1. Love those girls! (And ps the hats are AMAZING) Hang in there Mama!

    ReplyDelete